Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tamera's Take: Whack-Bat, Cats and Legos

I am starting a little segment of our "What it Takes to Move to Ecuador" blog.
I am calling it Tamera's Take.
I am taking a chance anyone will read it, since tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S.
That is a lot of takes.
It took a lot to get us here.
There is another take.

"Basically, there's three grabbers, three taggers, five twig runners, and a player at whack-bat.  Center tagger lights a pine cone and chucks it over the basket and the whack-batter tries to hit the cedar stick off the cross rock.  Then the twig runners dash back and forth until the pine cone burns out and the umpire calls hotbox.  Finally, you count up however many score-downs it adds up to and divide that by nine."

Getting confused?  Where does Whack-Bat fit in?  I just told you.  Exactly.  PLEASE stay with me just a LITTLE BIT longer.
East Mountain View

My segment is not about how we got here, or what it takes to get here, or what to do when you get here.

My husband Jason is already doing all of that in our Blog.  Our blog. To be honest, Jason does all the writing.

My capacity is Editor and Fact Checker. In that capacity, I am pretty good.

Tamera's Take is about being here.

Are you ready?  I am.




Where do we fit in?

I have asked myself that question many times in the five days since we arrived.  I am American.  That is what we do.  We try to fit in.  Somewhere.

But I am in Ecuador.  Crucita Ecuador to be exact.  A small fishing village on the Pacific coast of South America.

It sort of came to me last night when I was on our roof top terrace, taking in the 360 degree view.  The mountains to the north, east and south of us.  The ocean to the west.
West View Towards Pacific Ocean

In the middle of that view are houses and buildings of all different shapes and sizes.  Some are under construction.  Some appear to be under destruction.  Some seem content to wait.

Legos!

It reminded me of Legos.  Everyone has played with (or at least seen) Legos.

Little blocks of different colors, shapes and sizes.  But they all fit together.

That is the magic of Legos.  They do not have to be the same to fit together.

In fact, Legos only fit in because they are different.






CAT!!


So where do we fit in?

Right where we are.

HOTBOX!!

Questions? E-mail us!

Like what you see?  Please take a moment to easily share it with your friends using the toolbar below.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment