Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tamera's Take: Art is Where You Find It

Tamera's Take is about being here.
Are you ready?  I am.

In the absence of all my art supplies I have been relegated to taking photos of other forms of art.  Art is not necessarily in the "eyes of the beholder".  It is definitely where you find it.  I can find art just about anywhere.  Or maybe it finds me.  

Either way, here is some of what has captured my attention since we arrived in November.  Some are actual murals; some could be considered graffiti; some are architecture or simply the abstract colors of fading paint; and then there are collages formed in the natural course of things.  

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Mural in Portoviejo

Vote No!

Tile Mosaic on the Malecon

Crazy Ladybug

The beauty of architecture

North Crucita Beach Fish Market

Whitewash wall with splash of color

Corner "window" of a small bar.  No kidding.

"You & I" ....love, wings and all that stuff

Spigot hides behind shells

Lonely shell

The equivalent of pink flamingo lawn ornament - plastic lobster!

A different color each year.

Do you see the LOVE?

Mural in Crucita

Handle made in Italy

Safe little hiding spot.

Weathered wood and cast iron handles - love it.

Lot for sale - if you can decipher the phone number!

My Ceiba Trees.

Plant and Flower Nursery near Portoviejo

EMELEC!

I do not know how this plants survives the tides.

These stars are pretty common around here.

Jacaranda Tree


Paint spill or Dali's Space Elephant - you decide.

Nice brush work!

This wall is a different color every week.

More mural in Portoviejo

Bamboo Pagoda with stain glass chandelier

Women's Rights, Political Statement and ART!

More of those stars I love so much.

I miss him....nothing more to say.
Questions? E-mail us!

Like what you see?  Please take a moment to easily share it with your friends using the toolbar below.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment